Thursday, April 24, 2014

Storm Chaser

I never did quite understand how I could absolutely love something so destructive. Maybe it was always the proximity of pain associated with it or the imperfections it painted on the picture perfect life. Or maybe I liked the feeling of finality in the phrase 'Ashes to ashes, dust to dust'. It could be the gait or the way it blows your mind looking at it for real, approaching you to engulf you, feast upon whatever still keeps you sane. The moment you meet enshrouded in the thundering blankets, maybe the memory of that breathlessness still keeps you from breathing, at times. And when it whirlpools the way out into the infinite again, it marks you as his own in bruises no other lover could bear the sight of and leave you the kind of vulnerable no rebound would be able to satiate ever.

I never did quite understand how I could absolutely love something so destructive. Not until I met you.

Not until I left you.

© 2014 Neha Choudhry

Image source: http://bit.ly/1ftYWdo

0 comments:

Post a Comment