Saturday, January 28, 2012

...as a prayer

Looking at you with her
moistens my eyes
not because it's not me at her place
but that a person like you exists
who when chose someone to love and be loved by,
he chose her for always, for life.
And no matter what the world said/wrote/published,
he held her hand in his
and waved to the world with a smile
with love shining in his eyes,
a proof of what he lives by.

Your voice drew me to you
Your eyes furthered my liking
And it's your commitment,
the way you love,
the way you care,
that makes me love you.

People spend a lifetime finding
that one constant,
that one finality
that shall always hold true
no matter how life is,
no matter where they are.
On the contrary,
I was introduced to mine
by a song
the words of which I did not comprehend, at first
but the voice
set ablaze a list of crushes,
engraved a name
on my heart.

They call me crazy
And I smile and retort, 'For him, always'.
They call him my obsession
I call it devotion.
They say I am building castles mid-air
I spell his name as a prayer.

© 2012 Neha Choudhry




3 comments:

abhidpyrate said...

You're not crazy, its not some day dream. Its just innocence, artless affection and Selfless love. Lucky are the person who get it, there are some unfortunate like us who don't but there are some fortunate who get, like the person in this picture.

Neha Choudhry said...

:) thanks Sahu.

GossamerDiaries said...

awww! This is so cute re :)

Post a Comment