Thursday, May 3, 2012

When in your eyes...

Here's to the man who means the universe to me.

I don't really remember when I opened my eyes to meet yours
Must have been, forever ago, a beautiful day
Residing in the prayers, blessings and heart of an amazing man
My life is a sparkled, sunlit maze.

With my tiny little hand in your firm grip
You've walked me down the very terrains I eyed with fright
When in pitch dark, struggling with storms, searching the shore, turned up my ship
You've been the anchor holding me down; You are my pole star, my guiding light.

As this iron-fist-in-velvet-gloves self of mine looks back in time
Among a million ever-changing faces and places
You stand as her best friend, powerhouse and guardian angel
And your heart, her home, rock solid and loving as ever, keeping her treasured, loved.

Life, everyone lives
Just a few go on defining it in words that others live by
Smile, everyone does
Just a few possess the kind that shines through their eyes and stands as the most beautiful memory of someone's life.

Today, I can stand on a high-rise
And stare the sun in face
For I've been brought up in hands of the strongest man
Who calls me his charming princess

In your lap, I am, clad in a pink frock
A fountain pony dancing on my head
My two favorite cousins standing on each side
And in my hand is a dollar chocolate coin.

It's a memory
It's a rhyme
It's sunshine
It's the magical night sky
It's a walk on dew on a foggy morning
It's the shade of a tree under which I sleep
It's the answer to who I am
It's the confession of my love no words in the world can do justice to
It's my life, right here
When in your eyes, I see me.

© 2012 Neha Choudhry


Picture Source: http://www.imagesbygail.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Grandpas-Girl.jpg

2 comments:

Asmita said...

It is beautiful

Neha Choudhry said...

Thanks Asmita :)

Post a Comment