Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Begin again

They kept yelling
They kept selling it as hot cakes
I had an inkling it was ending
yet, eyes closed, I chose to stand by it.

Maybe I was brought up this way
Maybe life taught me so
That if you make a wish, you stick to it
That no matter what, you don't just give up.

Persistently I latched myself to a life
With all my heart I called it mine
Unrealistic maybe cos I was hanging by the door
That one day, abruptly, on me could close.

I was too dazed to see
My world was already spinning in a different galaxy
And then it just got hard to breathe
So I undid myself and walked out free.

The above sounds too simple
No part of it hints a sudden death
Believe me it was a walk on dry ice
With a tearful volcano erupting inside.


Life, today, goes on
Life, today, still breathes
There are just a few songs I won't ever listen to
There are just a few places that won't get to see me.

They kept yelling
They kept selling it as hot cakes
"The world will end in 2012"
Guess I never bought it.

When that door did close, when home-evicted I stood
When dusk fed on my dawns to finish
I finally realized what they meant
It was my world that was to end.

And meanwhile,
In a completely different space
stealing a moment from time
A spark
A chemical reaction
Rising through ashes
I saw it begin again.

© 2012 Neha Choudhry

1 comments:

GossamerDiaries said...

Just too hopeful aren't we? you put it all so well! The tussle between the senses and one thing that outdoes them, the heart! sigh!

Post a Comment