Friday, November 4, 2011

Dear You, with Love.

So, it started somewhat like this
Thanks to the perfect love stories I saw and read
I had a perfect wish
To find that one guy or let him find me
The one whose one gaze would sweep me off my feet.

Call it an obsession or whatever you may
the list went on and on with each passing day.
Polite, friendly, caring ones I did meet
But none held that spark,
the one that could make me skip a heartbeat.

Movies, by now, seemed cliché
the same old happy endings that flagged off waterfalls in my eyes,
Reality narrated a different story altogether,
here did exist the concept of Goodbyes.

Hope, I still held on to
in my heart's core
the search, I abandoned
I couldn't stand being disappointed all the more.

He usually sat on the back benches in class
Eventhough I wasn't being talked to, on his jokes, I suppressed a crazy laugh.
Some magnetic pull he surely possessed
His presence around was all I silently wished.

I was all smiles on a mere mention of his name
Life surfed on happy waters, I wasn't the same.
He was the diametric opposite of everything I ever thought I wanted
Yet, the day he appeared, the silly lists disappeared.

It was his birthday, mine was the most casual wish
But when he shook my extended hand
Something out-of-the-world dramatic
his touch did.

The glint in his eyes
had set embers of love ablaze.
He walked off, smiling, with my heart
While I stood there for what seemed an eternity, in daze.

The world had either stopped
or time had slowed down,
He was all I thought of
all the time, there on.

In the most impossible places
Among unknown faces
That one smile made life magical
In reality, he gave me my fairytale.

Together, it has been a while
Looking back on that day, still gives me butterflies.
For no one in the world, I can be this sure
He is everything Love is about and so much more.

© 2011 Neha Choudhry

Disclaimer: This photo has been taken from http://bit.ly/rSb9r1


2 comments:

GossamerDiaries said...

If someone asked me whom do i look up to, i would with out a doubt say, its you :)
You just make me want to read, write and feel the emotions words liberate. Thank you :)
Keep writing!
:*

Neha Choudhry said...

You make me go 'aww' all the time! Your write-ups do the exact with me. I read, re-read them. The world is a better place for 'words' exist :D
Mmuah! Love you. :*

Post a Comment