Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I see a Winner.

Staring walls for answers
to the questions I ask myself
every living second of my existence.
Hiding in these eyes
lay acidic tears
that seep inside, every now & then
Burning my hope, burning my soul.

Life has had a re-run
Only hurt ran in concentric circles,
I faced the stabs of time in face
Only to see the blows grow more fierce.
The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes
Were pieces of a life I dearly love.

Much to destiny's surprise,
I crawled back on my feet.
Crying out those piercing tears is better than dying slowly, keeping them inside.
Here, I stand, with eyes wide open
Fearless, in my cloak of charm,
And I am looking for something that time washed away
I'm snatching back My Smile.

In the worst of times, I breathed in calm.
In moments when I was on verge of breaking, I held on to my faith.
Today, I break-free from the stale inhibitions,
And walk on with my head held high.
I've lived a long time for everyone else
Guess, this time this love and care is Mine.

Arms stretched, I embrace the sky
and with that I blow heavens a million kisses,
For making me this strong that I don't melt easy again.
Standing before the mirrors in everyone's eyes today,
I see a Winner.

© 2011 Neha Choudhry


0 comments:

Post a Comment