Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blink

Ignite me
Burn me to ashes
Breathe in me
The venomous smoke on your lips
Hug me, crushing
For once, I too wanna feel you're afraid to let go
Take my hand for a dance
Twirl me around even if I say No
With your fingertips write your name on my arm
Finger walk up my spine, tickle me as I beg u to stop
And as you slowly exhale on the nape of my neck
whisper a word or two in my ear
Let loose my hair
laugh when I play Mr. Mustache
Smirk when I disappear somewhere in the folds
As I try on your sweatshirt
When I lay down, wordlessly numb
Curl me in your arms, let a tear or two let flow
Color the moments with me
As I draw lines to a close
Create this one memory
Wherein there is no world
Just us two
The one I can look back to
Something you won't forget, too
As you shuffle away, don't sigh
part from my lips, collide in my eyes
As mine start to rain
watch as the tears glide down my cheek
Plant a promise on my forehead
Break it the day I die
Seal a breath, pack away a part of my perfume
Catch a tear, keep safe a part of my monsoon
Softly take my name, let me hear your voice, your pain
Kiss me as you go
and with you, take me away.

So, the goodbye don't mean a thing
For you always have me, in every beat.
In a blink.

© 2012 Neha Choudhry


4 comments:

Greeshma Ramesh said...

Neha... this is so unreal. It is so beautiful. I literally had tears in my eyes! And it makes all the more sense to me and it is a little more nostalgic for a reason you know! :)
-love much! :* Hugs :)

Neha Choudhry said...

Told you ;) *dances* thank u baby.

Brinda Kulkarni said...

*gasps* this is so gripping!! at first it's all naughty and nice.. nearing the end, it gets serious and nicer! it's amazing how you've given a sort of contrast to it! *bows down*

Neha Choudhry said...

:) Thanks Bum

Post a Comment