Friday, March 16, 2012

Escape

In this maze
I am lost
In this phase
I am torn
In this place
I don't belong
In a daze
I live on.

Even time cannot cajole me into forgetting
For my memories are my only constant in this variable world
Even shooting stars cannot deceive me into wishing
For I know what I can't change, I know what is now gone.

In bright sunshine
I am your shadow
In storms
I am the wind
In the shining face of the moon
I am the light
In sleep
I am your lullaby.

Try and escape now.

© 2012 Neha Choudhry


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty poem! beautifully written :)

Neha Choudhry said...

Thanks Diksha :)

GossamerDiaries said...

The last lines floored me! Wow :)

Neha Choudhry said...

:) :)

Greeshma Ramesh said...

I like how it flows and flows...there is this sort of continuity that makes it a beauty! :)

Neha Choudhry said...

*weehee*... :)

Post a Comment